Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.

Go down 
+2
IvanOmega60
Anubis
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5399

Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've been meaning to make this post for a while and I think you all deserve to know why my progress has basically stopped about the new ES Master Server I was going to make.

There are two issues on why I can't do this AS OF NOW.
1. Programs like Hamachi only exist on PC, and not on phones. Hamachi also has strict limits. When me and Dan started playing ES for the first time over Hamachi, we almost immediately hit the user limit(6) for the Hamachi network, deterring anyone else who wanted to play.

2. PPSSPP Ad-Hoc emulation is not done. PPSSPP lacks the ability to discover other PPSSPP clients unless under special conditions(using ProOnline, which doesn't work with ES).

Both of these issues need to be solved before a true ES Ad-Hoc Master Server could be created. Right now, you would need the IP address of the Host in order to play. Sadly, not everyone is tech savvy enough to understand how to get it.

The first issue would be solved if the second is solved, let me explain.

Networks like Tunngle, and Evolve do not disclose individual IP addresses of their users on the VLN(Virtual Lan Network). So now it's pretty obvious why this is a problem. You need the IP address of the host in order to join. And since PPSSPP is unable to do it without help, networks like Evolve and Tunngle are useless... At least for now.

Perhaps in the near future, a new release of PPSSPP will fully emulate the Ad-Hoc functionality. There is already a new version 1.1.1, which states that it has "minor wifi improvements", which I doubt include automatic host discovery.

Soon I will be testing the "improvements" in PPSSPP 1.1.1 to see if it has added some sort of autodiscovery, which I doubt it has. As it would be a major update and not just a minor one.

For now, I need help from you guys. How could you help me, you ask? Well, you could join my Hamachi network and we could communicate that way, so I could test Evolve with some users and see if I can jerry rig something.

I may be very smart about what I'm doing, but I'm not perfect, and I hope to be very wrong about what I just wrote above. Any help would be appreciated.

Hamachi network :
SWES2016
Password : 5555

ONLY JOIN IF YOU CAN PLAY ES ON PPSSPP ON PC. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SLOTS FOR EVERYONE TO JOIN.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13271

Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 pm

I used Tunngle to play SWRS with my friend. He had to copy my virtual IP and paste it somewhere and then it worked. Don't remember if ES worked though.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26823

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:48 pm

I barely ever played RS.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13271

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:38 pm

I played it more. I thought it was more fun.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5399

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 9:06 pm

I can't do it because my internet is messed up and my spare PC died. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 7:18 am

damn, that sucks :/
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488034

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:21 am

welp at least we have BFII multiplayer on gameranger and BF dice. frankly tho Iv'e been playing BFII alot more than BFD. The online community doubled since the new game came out and its been a blast!
Back to top Go down
IvanOmega60
IvanOmega60

Star Points : 3626

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 4:17 pm

But we can still playing swbes using hamachi though. The only problem is that we'll need several rooms... but honetly not many people will play it for now so there's no need to have lots of rooms.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 10:10 am

we should try to set up a date to all get on for a game
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212063

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Yeah....can anyone post me the tut you guys have for gameranger....idk anything, lol
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:01 am

thedarkknight wrote:
Yeah....can anyone post me the tut you guys have for gameranger....idk anything, lol
you literally just install it and it'll detect/ u'll point the path to BF2 and boom, ur done.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212063

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm

mmmm, okay. Thanks :D
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:53 am

I meant SWBES but BFII would be fun too! there is a friends list on gameranger so we can all add eachother
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.   Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why ES on PPSSPP Multiplayer is a PAIN IN THE ASS & Why we can do NOTHING about it.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2