Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which Network Should The Master Server Be On?
Tunngle (Free, up to 32 players)
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] I_vote_lcap0%New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Evolve (Free, less ads, up to 32)
New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] I_vote_lcap100%New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5372

New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Empty
PostSubject: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I've always wanted to bring ES back online, and although I cannot fully do that without some how obtaining a server version of ES and then modifying the ISO's to connect to different servers, I can do it with PPSSPP with Tunngle or Evolve. (Cannot be done with Hamachi because of the restrictions involved.)

We basically have two options. I want a MASTER SERVER. Not what Dan wanted, which was a player server, where basically only one game could be played if set up correctly.

The two above offer a way to play ES online with more than just 6 people, for free. And I am willing to set up a private network which allows up to 32 people to play on it at the same time so we can host multiple games, kinda like the real online was.

Before I set up any server, I want to know which software should use. Please vote and the winner will be the new ES master server, and I will create and configure the new private network so we can play ES on it, just like the old days. :)
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:51 pm

BUMP

I'm working on Evolve to see if I can make a master server so it will not require you to enter the IP address of any host, so you could literally just boot up PPSSPP and check if anybody is online and hosting and not have to change anything. Wouldn't that be nice? :)
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13244

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 am

Wouldn't we have to have the modified ISO to play online?

Also, I never used Evolve, but Tunngle usually crashes on start up for me. So I guess I'll vote Evolve.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:53 pm

No, as PPSSPP emulates the Ad-Hoc functionality of the PSP. So this is PPSSPP and JCPSP only.

I am trying to get Dan to help me, but his computer is messed up, so I'm helping him fix it first.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26796

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 6:29 pm

I honestly prefer Evolve.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm starting to like Evolve, hopefully Dan will like it too.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:39 pm

The Phoenix King wrote:
No, as PPSSPP emulates the Ad-Hoc functionality of the PSP. So this is PPSSPP and JCPSP only.

I mean, if you modify your ISO to connect to some new master server, wouldn't the rest of us need a modified ISO in order to connect to that server?
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:41 pm

if the ISO is modified, then he can just upload it somewhere for us, right?
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 pm

@Godzilla
Of course! But I have a million different ways of uploading and sharing the ISO without the Copyright Mafia going up our asses and shutting down the site. Nobody on Administrator forums would report..

@Mario
I could easily upload it. But I have no way of modifying the ISO in that way, plus, I don't have the server software or hardware to do anything like Godzilla thought.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:07 am

true, it's hard to do that. We don't have the source code or any ways of decompiling it properly, right?
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:31 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
true, it's hard to do that. We don't have the source code or any ways of decompiling it properly, right?
It's actually possible to decompile the map files and a few others using a QuickBMS script. Still, I doubt it'd help change the server.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Yeah, but I'm talking about the main part. Maps aren't usually that hard to decompile.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 10:23 pm

I don't have any use for maps though.. Maybe we could make an ISO with custom maps, but we still don't have any way of decompiling  the files that direct the game to a master server. And futhermore, we do not have the server software, so we would have to reverse engineer the server software too. Too much work for a small group like us.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:53 pm

exactly. Who has that stuff anyway? Can we pay them? :P
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Eh, I don't know who exactly has them. I'd have to email the publishers of ES, maybe they would let me know. Hopefully they would give me a copy of the server ISO... Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:16 pm

hum... about the master server, if he had the server software and knew the original address, could we not use a lan emulator and a different DNS to make ES thing it is connected to the correct address? That's how Tubehax installs, by changing DNS to that with the hack and opening YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 pm

To properly host a ES server, we would need to purchase many of the GameSpy server addresses (Which I'm not sure can be done specifically, and some are still owned by GameSpy which is owned by IGN now)

So we would need to do more than just use the same address, the servers used registration and everything, so we can't use LAN. Sadly, I don't have any of the server hardware, or software. :( I might look into it though when I get the chance. Doubt we'll get far though.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am

true, its too much.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Imagine if I do get everything I need though..
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

we'd have ES again.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488007

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:16 pm

only problem is the player hosted servers are maxed out at 6 players, even if you change the value it just crashes or doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:37 pm

^^^^^ Yup. Also I recall that when the server is maxed out there won't be any AI in the server so you need a code that allows you to have more AI. The code does exist but it's plain stupid how that works. Renegade Squadron allowed more than 6 people in a player hosted server AND still had AI once the server was maxed out. And the graphics looked better too.

Of course that doesn't mean SWBFRS was better, but player hosted servers were way better in RS.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Dan, that's not the point. I don't want a single ES server to reach over 6 players. I want MULTIPLE ES SERVERS on a SINGLE NETWORK.

This way it's much easier to boot up the game and find a server, so more than one person could host at a time. Last time I checked, there are more than 6 people on this site that would be willing to play ES, and instead of having to enter 600 different host IP's, they could just enter the Master Server's IP and join whoever's hosting.
Back to top Go down
IvanOmega60
IvanOmega60

Star Points : 3599

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Wow, I like the idea. Total support from my side, but idk if that will be difficult to do or something.
Anyways if you make it work I will join for sure.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:00 pm

of course, ES was our foundation stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]   New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ES PPSSPP Master Server [POLL]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next