Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**

Go down 
+4
NaTaly~
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Anubis
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5385

I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Empty
PostSubject: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:02 pm

So, today I traded my old tablet for a "cheapy computer", and at first I thought it was shite. It is a Toshiba Satellite computer from around 2008-2007, it had a million viruses and the computer is in bad shape... But after formatting the drive and installing Windows 7, it runs GREAT. So great infact, that I am going to use this machine along side my 2009 Macbook. The laptop only has 1GB of RAM, but I will be upgrading to 2GB, and probably 4GB in the future.

Sorry for taking so long about the pictures, transferring sh*t from my phone to any other device is a pain in the ass.

Laptop Pictures:

Last edited by Anubis on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26809

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:10 am

Nice! I'm also planning on getting a new PC. Maybe Ill build my own.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
Leader
Leader

Star Points : 18417

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 am

thats cool!
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

Female Join date : 2013-03-27
Star Points : 6928

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:14 am

Nice Anubis, and Mario that'd be cool :P
Back to top Go down
thedarkknightrises
Administrator
Administrator

Star Points : 16382

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Anubis wrote:
So, today I traded my old tablet for a "cheapy computer", and at first I thought it was shite. It is a Toshiba Satellite computer from around 2008-2007, it had a million viruses and the computer is in bad shape... But after formatting the drive and installing Windows 7, it runs GREAT. So great infact, that I am going to use this machine along side my 2009 Macbook. The laptop only has 1GB of RAM, but I will be upgrading to 2GB, and probably 4GB in the future.

I will show pictures soon.
Sounds pretty good. Someone told me those toshibas were good and i kinda laughed, lol. Guess i shouldn't have xD
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 3:48 pm

My desktop PC had 2MB of RAM, but I upgraded it, and now it has 20MB. It has a 486DX2 CPU, if I am not wrong, at 66MHz. Or something like that.

My calculator has 32MB of RAM (or was it 64?). And it runs at 222MHz. lol.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Just 'upgraded' the RAM to 3GB. Turns out that the first RAM slot had some dust or something in it, and the laptop wouldn't detect anything... I blew it out like a cartridge, thinking it was a bad idea and doing it anyway. After I did that and checked the BIOS, it detected the first RAM slot and said I had 2GB of RAM... I looked through my RAM modules, and it turned out that a module that I thought was 512MB was actually 2GB, so I put that in with another stick which is 1GB. This computer runs great, but it has integrated Intel Graphics, so gaming is a no go.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:19 am

Hum, I see.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 4:36 pm

I uploaded the pictures. I cleaned the laptop up a lot and blasted the fans with compressed air to get all the dust out. This thing used to get super hot, I'm surprised it didn't fry its self.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 pm

my laptop is the same.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 212049

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Anubis wrote:
Just 'upgraded' the RAM to 3GB. Turns out that the first RAM slot had some dust or something in it, and the laptop wouldn't detect anything... I blew it out like a cartridge, thinking it was a bad idea and doing it anyway. After I did that and checked the BIOS, it detected the first RAM slot and said I had 2GB of RAM... I looked through my RAM modules, and it turned out that a module that I thought was 512MB was actually 2GB, so I put that in with another stick which is 1GB. This computer runs great, but it has integrated Intel Graphics, so gaming is a no go.
I have integrated intel graphics and it played Dead space fine. (Few years old game though)
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212049

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Anubis wrote:
I have integrated intel graphics and it played Dead space fine. (Few years old game though)
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

Male Join date : 2013-11-13
Star Points : 4107

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 3:50 pm

I know it seems pretty pricey but this gaming laptop is what my parents will hopefully get for me once I get into university

looks very nice and has good specs :D

I'm getting a good laptop like this so that it can last me a while since the cheap beast desktop that i'm planning on building might take a while since I have to be familiar with all the parts 
and where to get them all cheap but yea this will be the start of premium gaming for me :D

The good thing about getting good laptops like this is that you won't have to change much for a while since it hasn't been out long and is pretty up to date, 
even tho I would like to get a computer that can run windows 10 but idk how long away that is....

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-omen---15t---touch-laptop-j2w39av-1
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Nice. I'm getting a Toshiba Qosmio soon. It has (well I don't think I need to translate this)

[th]Tipo[/th][th]Processador[/th][th]Frequência[/th][th]Turbo Boost / Burst[/th][th]Cache Processador[/th][th]Memória RAM[/th][th]Tipo Memória[/th][th]Disco Rígido[/th][th]Dimensão Ecrã[/th][th]Tipo de Ecrã[/th][th]Placa Gráfica[/th][th]Memória Gráfica[/th][th]Sistema Áudio[/th][th]Drive Ótica[/th][th]Leitor de Cartões[/th][th]Expansibilidade[/th][th]Interfaces[/th][th]Câmara[/th][th]Comunicações[/th][th]Sistema Operativo[/th][th]Software[/th][th]Bateria[/th][th]Autonomia (estimativa)[/th][th]Outras Funcionalidades[/th][th]Dimensões[/th][th]Peso[/th][th]Acessórios[/th]
Performance
Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Quad Core
2,5 GHz
3,5 GHz
6 MB
16 GB
DDR3L-1600
2x 8 GB
2 TB
17,3 '
LED Full HD 1920x1080 pixels
AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X
4GB GDDR5 Dedicados
24-bit stereo com tecnologia DTS® Studio Sound™ 
4 altifalantes Harman Kardon® 6Watts
Microfone integrado
Gravador Blu-Ray Disc™ e DVD±RW DL
SD card
2 slots de memória RAM (0 livres)
2x USB 3.0
2x USB 2.0
HDMI Ultra HD 4K e 3D
VGA
Jack 3,5mm
Webcam HD
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n com WiDi e Miracast
Bluetooth 4.0
Rede Gigabit 10/100/1000
Windows® 8 (64-bit)
DTS® Studio Sound™
McAfee® Segurança na internet (30 dias de subscrição)
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist
TOSHIBA Eco Utility™
TOSHIBA Media Player por sMedio TrueLink+
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor
Li-Ion com 6 células
4,45 Horas
Teclado retroiluminado
41,3 x 26,8 x 2,83 cm
2,9 Kg
Adaptador de corrente CA
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 8:45 pm

the omen isn't definitely what I'm getting but something of that power :P
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:29 am

the qosmio sounds very good to me.
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 am

I'm guessing that language in the picture you posted above is in Portuguese
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Star Points : 2147488020

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 10:46 am

oscar1710 wrote:
I know it seems pretty pricey but this gaming laptop is what my parents will hopefully get for me once I get into university

looks very nice and has good specs :D

I'm getting a good laptop like this so that it can last me a while since the cheap beast desktop that i'm planning on building might take a while since I have to be familiar with all the parts 
and where to get them all cheap but yea this will be the start of premium gaming for me :D

The good thing about getting good laptops like this is that you won't have to change much for a while since it hasn't been out long and is pretty up to date, 
even tho I would like to get a computer that can run windows 10 but idk how long away that is....

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-omen---15t---touch-laptop-j2w39av-1

damn, if your parents spend 1500 on you..
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

well that's why I said "hopefully" xD
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 10:57 am

oscar1710 wrote:
I'm guessing that language in the picture you posted above is in Portuguese
yeah. I am from Portugal.
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 am

could tell since I know spanish italian and french so portuguese sounds like em all including latin, just seems weird to me haha
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:24 am

Well, all of those languages did come from latin lol.
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am

yeah but portuguese strangely has latin words in it cuz I did do one year of latin to this point I've forgotten most or all of it but I can recognize portuguese when written because of its strange vocabulary :P
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 am

It doesn't have latin words. It has some words that are similar to latin.
Back to top Go down
oscar1710
Programmer
Programmer
oscar1710

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:45 am

yeah that's what I meant
same in Italian, which is why latin was so easy for me :D
portuguese is like spanish and italian combined lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**   I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got A New Old Laptop! **Updated With Pictures**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next