Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you

Go down 
+7
[SWES]Paradox
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
User_187
The Godzilla King
red2958
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Anubis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5400

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 4:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, I want to share the bullshit fact with you guys, that newer games are bloated and force you to buy newer hardware to run, even though they could run on older stuff if they add support for it.

Here is a good example
BF4. Minimum requirements:

Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD “Bulldozer”).
At least 4 GB main system memory
Graphics card with at least 512 MB of VRAM and support for DirectX 10
30+ GB of harddrive space
Windows Vista

Weird, PS3's and Xbox 360's don't have nearly as much memory as that! But BF4 runs fine!

PS3 RAM = 256MB, Graphics memory = 256MB

Xbox 360 RAM = 512MB (256 used for games, 256 used for graphics)

Weird right? The games run perfectly fine on old ass hardware, but my PC that has 2GB of RAM and 256MB of graphics memory can't run anything new!

It seems to me that PC gaming is a scam, you buy a new game, and you must upgrade your hardware every year or so, just to keep up with the games, PS3 on the otherhand doesn't have hardware upgrades, yet everything runs fine on it, yes I know, the graphics are not as good, but that's the point, they can't do that with PC's? Of course not! Why add support for that when you can force people to go buy newer hardware?

Pure bullshit.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2013-03-29
Star Points : 21551

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Still nothing compared to console gaming.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26824

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Steam box is still Linux, and atm most steam games aren't compatible with linux.
Back to top Go down
RunnerS3VEN
V.I.P
V.I.P
RunnerS3VEN

Male Join date : 2013-07-30
Star Points : 6314

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm

I heard it got hacked already
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2013-03-29
Star Points : 21551

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 pm

^lol wooow.

What are their sales rate atm? Wasn't it supposed to be for modders/hackers?
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

Male Join date : 2013-09-02
Star Points : 4011

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Anubis wrote:
Hey everyone, I want to share the bullshit fact with you guys, that newer games are bloated and force you to buy newer hardware to run, even though they could run on older stuff if they add support for it.

Here is a good example

Windows Vista

Weird, PS3's and Xbox 360's don't have nearly as much memory as that! But BF4 runs fine!

Weird right? The games run perfectly fine on old ass hardware, but my PC that has 2GB of RAM and 256MB of graphics memory can't run anything new!

It seems to me that PC gaming is a scam, you buy a new game, and you must upgrade your hardware every year or so, just to keep up with the games, PS3 on the otherhand doesn't have hardware upgrades, yet everything runs fine on it, yes I know, the graphics are not as good, but that's the point, they can't do that with PC's? Of course not! Why add support for that when you can force people to go buy newer hardware?

Pure bullshit.
I don't think you understand how computers actually work if you are thinking it's a scam.

1. You aren't just playing the game. You can run that game on less ram, the reason they require that however is because you WILL have other things running in the background.
Consoles do 1 thing.

2. 2GB of ram isn't for graphics, that falls under the whole video ram thing.

3.Battlefield doesn't run @ 60FPS at 1920 x 1080 on a console.

4. We are able to have 32 vs 32. You aren't going to have that on a console. That limited hardware just can't support it.

red2958 wrote:
Plus, consoles are so much cheaper and very reliable. If I had the choice of getting a very advanced PC for gaming or get a PS4 or even a Xbox 360, id chose one of those 2 consoles.
Red ring of death says hi. They are far from reliable.

And it's funny that people think pc gaming is expensive. Those people clearly don't have a clue about what they are talking about.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

It IS more expensive than console gaming.
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:58 pm

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
It IS more expensive than console gaming.
No it really isn't. The steam boxes have proved that already.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488035

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 pm

1UP wrote:
Anubis wrote:

Here is a good example

Windows Vista

Pure bullshit.
I don't think you understand how computers actually work if you are thinking it's a scam.

1. You aren't just playing the game. You can run that game on less ram, the reason they require that however is because you WILL have other things running in the background.
Consoles do 1 thing.

2. 2GB of ram isn't for graphics, that falls under the whole video ram thing.

3.Battlefield doesn't run @ 60FPS at 1920 x 1080 on a console.

4. We are able to have 32 vs 32. You aren't going to have that on a console. That limited hardware just can't support it.

red2958 wrote:
Plus, consoles are so much cheaper and very reliable. If I had the choice of getting a very advanced PC for gaming or get a PS4 or even a Xbox 360, id chose one of those 2 consoles.
Red ring of death says hi. They are far from reliable.

And it's funny that people think pc gaming is expensive. Those people clearly don't have a clue about what they are talking about.

Oooooo burn, U just tore apart his whole argument haha
Back to top Go down
[Hack]Element_Awesome1

Star Points : 3964

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 pm

True
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 pm

steambox doesnt have that many games cuz it runs Linux STEAMOS.
And it isn't top spec. try running bf4 on a steambox
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Im on mobile, srry for double post. Warning #2, element
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:03 pm

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
steambox doesnt have that many games cuz it runs Linux STEAMOS.
And it isn't top spec. try running bf4 on a steambox

Well for starters BF4 is basically BF3 and BF3 is basically BC2. They are all on the same engine.
I don't think you've ever used linux before because most windows games will run under it just fine. The drivers for video cards have come a long way due to the fact that games are becoming more available for linux.

Not top spec? You must be joking. For what you would pay for the ps4 you would get comparable hardware as in it's the same.

Let's not forget that yes the games can be poorly optimized for PC. But you can thank lazy developers on not doing a proper port. Consoles have actually made games for pc worse due to them holding back technical advances since they are stuck on the same hardware for 10 years.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I use Ubuntu as my main os. Performance with wine is worse. I am talking about native games.
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 pm

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
I use Ubuntu as my main os. Performance with wine is worse. I am talking about native games.
If you are talking about native games them you have no argument. They run just fine. I think you are just trying to justify buying a console and being locked in with crap hardware for 7+ years and for what reason I have no idea.

PS3 was running on a version of BSD so that alone was pretty close to linux in itself. So if the devs actually decided to they could be ported to linux. That's the whole reason why people bring up steam box. There is a market for them to do that now and you will be seeing games going to it.

Hell most console exclusive games are now being brought over to PC.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

ikr, i haven't researched steam box much, can it run windows?
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm

[PwN]LeaderDandino wrote:
ikr, i haven't researched steam box much, can it run windows?
Yea it's just hardware. You could run w.e you want on them
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Native runs good, few native games though. Games with the wine emulator dont run very well and specs of the sbox are not the best...
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:20 pm

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
Native runs good, few native games though. Games with the wine emulator dont run very well and specs of the sbox are not the best...
I don't think you've actually looked at a steam box. The ones Valve gave out for beta testing were high end machines.

The ones that you will eventually be able to buy are all customizable. You could get one for the price of a console and it would be the same. I don't understand how that's hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:21 pm

nice, whats the cheapest steam machine gonna be?
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:23 pm

well, sbox is still not as good as a real gaming pc. Linux (which comes with the sbox) wasnt made for gaming was it?
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:23 pm

[PwN]LeaderDandino wrote:
nice, whats the cheapest steam machine gonna be?
Well they won't be out for some time so you are going to have to wait for that.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:25 pm

ah ok that sucks, im gonna buy 1 next gen console 2015 wether it be xb1 ps4 or sbox
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 am

Also, u say ppl can install windows. The average user will not.
Back to top Go down
1UP
Programmer
Programmer

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:38 am

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
Also, u say ppl can install windows. The average user will not.
And what data do you have that shows this? Oh right you don't have any. You haven't made a single valid point in this thread. It's almost like you are nit picking anything I say and trying to argue it. The guy simply asked a question and I gave him a correct answer. Not some made up bullshit.

The whole thing behind having a pc is that you are NOT locked down to what a company says you can and cant do. What software you can and can't use. People who get a steam box might not install windows, but that's like saying people who buy a dell won't install linux. It's going to be a small percentage who will. And chances are you will see flavors of them running windows because and I can't stress this enough, these aren't bound to anything specific.

I get it, you are a console person. That's fine, but don't sit here and try saying that they are better in pretty much everything because they aren't. Understand their limitation.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 am

me, a console person? I play on pc most of the time but In my mobile I do not write much. Ill soon provide argument to what I say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next