Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you

Go down 
+7
[SWES]Paradox
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
User_187
The Godzilla King
red2958
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Anubis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5400

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 4:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, I want to share the bullshit fact with you guys, that newer games are bloated and force you to buy newer hardware to run, even though they could run on older stuff if they add support for it.

Here is a good example
BF4. Minimum requirements:

Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD “Bulldozer”).
At least 4 GB main system memory
Graphics card with at least 512 MB of VRAM and support for DirectX 10
30+ GB of harddrive space
Windows Vista

Weird, PS3's and Xbox 360's don't have nearly as much memory as that! But BF4 runs fine!

PS3 RAM = 256MB, Graphics memory = 256MB

Xbox 360 RAM = 512MB (256 used for games, 256 used for graphics)

Weird right? The games run perfectly fine on old ass hardware, but my PC that has 2GB of RAM and 256MB of graphics memory can't run anything new!

It seems to me that PC gaming is a scam, you buy a new game, and you must upgrade your hardware every year or so, just to keep up with the games, PS3 on the otherhand doesn't have hardware upgrades, yet everything runs fine on it, yes I know, the graphics are not as good, but that's the point, they can't do that with PC's? Of course not! Why add support for that when you can force people to go buy newer hardware?

Pure bullshit.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26824

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Not. BF4 for PC is equivalent to BF4 for PS4, not PS3.
Back to top Go down
User_187
Forever Banned
Forever Banned
User_187

Star Points : -6455

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:46 pm

red2958 wrote:
But still, most old PC games don't work for new PC systems but most old console games do work for newer consoles.

But most old PC games are...OLD. Its's like your pretty much complaining because a SNES game can't fit in a Wii U.

You wanna play old games? You're gonna have to downgrade a bit.

Also, Battlefield 4 for console isn't the same for PC. They make PC games different like I said previously with graphics in mind. They make them too look good as fuck and run smooth. Put that aside, there's other things that PC's have going on. You might have just enough to play a game but there's other programs running using CPU and so on.

Either you buy a computer strictly for gaming like you would buy a console or you can stop bitching because your average everyday use computer can't run a game or is too new to run a game.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5400

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Isn't really bitching to be honest, they can make these high end games run on old hardware, nice. Why is it so hard to make it run like that on a PC? I understand, that CPU and RAM resources are shared, but that isn't enough to justify such high system requirements. They are too focused on graphics, and that's why they do this shit, every new game must look sooo much better, and drop support for older hardware.

Oh, and my PC is 5 years old. The PS3 is 8 years old and the Xbox 360 is 9. Yeah, it must be that hard to make games run on this PC. If all you're going to do is insult me, then you don't need to be replying on my topic.
Back to top Go down
User_187
Forever Banned
Forever Banned
User_187

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Because gaming computers are MADE for gaming. Like PS3/PS4 and Xbox30/Xbox one are made for gaming.

You can't expect everyday use computers to run high end/new games. It's like taking a ps4 game and throwing into a ps3 and bitching because the specs are slightly changed and you should be able to run it.

Bottom line is, if you wanna PC game ass out the money for a gaming computer. It's not gonna work on shit everyday use computers no matter the specs.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

Male Join date : 2013-06-30
Star Points : 9017

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 pm

i hate that shit so much
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2013-03-29
Star Points : 21551

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 am

Kotor minumum requirments: http://gamesystemrequirements.com/games.php?id=98

I don't understand it. Dandino can run it on windows 7, yet I can't on windows 8. There has been numerous complaints about kotor not working for newer os yet dandino can get it working on windows 7. Compatibility issues right there. It isnt the os, cause it works for Dandino. So it must he hardware or drivers or whatever. Kotor is NOT a high end game, it's old and very simple. Any PC that meets those requirments should be able to play, but most new systems don't.

Every unmodded xbox 360 has the same hardware. It can play original xbox games made in the early 2000s. But most gaming pcs have issues with old games.

Overall, more people are console gamers because its cheap, reliable, and straight forward. Unlike gaming pc's.
Back to top Go down
User_187
Forever Banned
Forever Banned
User_187

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 am

Windows 8 is DIFFERENT from windows 7.

A lot has changed between Operation Systems over the years. It's lucky it works on Win 7. Like I said, either downgrade to windows 7 and play it, or keep windows 8 and don't.
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 am

But you still have a lot of people that can't get this game working on windows 7 even when they meet the minimum requirments. Google kotor 1 and 2 doesn't work for windows 7 and you get a crap load of complaints. They even posted on Microsoft that the game doesn't work for new os'es.

Those old and simple games only work for old systems. They don't even work for those high tech gaming computers.
Back to top Go down
User_187
Forever Banned
Forever Banned
User_187

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

OMFG THEY DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS IF THEY ARE ON WINDOWS 7 HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS!?

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/games.php?id=98
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 am

PC's and gaming PC's have issues with alot of games. Consoles will work for all games made for its system guaranteed.

You don't have to rage... This is just a normal discussion.
Back to top Go down
User_187
Forever Banned
Forever Banned
User_187

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:21 am

It's not a fucking issue. It's like trying to play a SNES game in a Wii u. IT FUCKING CANT BECAUSE WII U IS NEW AND SNES IS OLD.

How many fucking times do I have to say it before you understand that the game is OLD and WONT work on newer PC's. Not the PC's fault when the games requirements are for OLD operation systems.

"Oh lets buy an xbox 360 game"

Requirements: Xbox 360, ah I have a ps3, should work they have the same specs don't see why not.

"doesn't work ps3 is fucking retarded I'm going to play the xbox"

As much sense as you'e making ^

I used CAPs because maybe it would have gotten though your thick skull. Obviously not..
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:55 am

Dude, xbox can play OLD games AND new games. Pcs CAN'T play old games. Dandino meets the requirments for kotor and has a new system. Which means that new systems can't play old games for most people.

Dandino has new system with windows 7 and he can play kotor.

Most other people has new systems and win7 and can't play kotor. It isn't the freaking os. It's the fact that new pcs won't play old games cause of compatability issues.

I can play my old xbox games, which some of those old games are made for PC too, on my new 360.

You can't play those old games on new pcs because of those issues.

You can play more games on consoles then you can pcs since you can play those old games combined with the new games made for it.
Back to top Go down
red2958
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:07 am

That is enough to say that one console can play old and new games. Old pcs can play old games and new pcs can play new games.

Old pc=maybe $200

New gaming pc=$500-$1000

Xbox 360=$200-$300

Lets just say you want to play kotor and cod ghosts. If you want to for PC, you need 2 pcs. If you want it for consoles, all you need is a Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 am

^^ what reds saying is true but cod ghost for pc you only need one as i heard
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am

AGAIN:

COD GHOSTS FOR PC=/=PS3/X360 !!!!!
Back to top Go down
[FGN]General12912
Veteran
Veteran

Male Join date : 2012-05-14
Star Points : 4589

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:54 am

two words. Alienware Computers. ive never owned one, but ive heard great things about them, and they are computers made specifically for gaming.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 am

Yep. I want a Alienware M18X so bad....
Back to top Go down
[FGN]General12912
Veteran
Veteran

Male Join date : 2012-05-14
Star Points : 4589

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 am

[PwN]gnmmarechal wrote:
Yep. I want a Alienware M18X so bad....
how much arethey nowadays? last i check they were near 1k USD
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Yep. that's why I wont buy one

Last edited by [PwN]gnmmarechal on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:12 pm

i would still buy one
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13272

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Everyone has problems with PC games, yet I've never had one game that has not worked on my PC unless I messed with the files.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 am

Xx~[PwN]Beta360~xX wrote:
i would still buy one
Correction: A typo made it look like I wrote wouldnt. I wrote wont.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488035

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:00 pm

there is a solution to all pc gaming. steam machine

google it
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Not a solution to all pc games. Steam box is going to run on linux... SteamOS.... most games aren't made for that plaform... Well, if this changes this, I will be happy :)
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488035

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:18 pm

steam machine is supposed to support all steam games
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you   PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC gaming and Console gaming, the bullshit that gets put on you
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next