Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront

Go down 
+3
[SWES]gnmmarechal
thedarkknight
[SWES]Paradox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

Male Join date : 2013-06-30
Star Points : 8997

Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Empty
PostSubject: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello been awhile but on break and I'm getting a ps4 with star wars battlefront on it and I wanna know if anybody would be intrigued to play with me help me out and guide me hah great to be back.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 212044

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Nah it sucks.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26804

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello, wb! I don't have PS4, but some here do :3
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 am

Dark why does it suck i thought from the preiviews and gameplay i saw it was spectacular.?
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 4:23 am

Frankly, unless you find it for cheap, I would not buy it. I regret paying 70€ for such an incomplete title.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Wow that is a little pricey for just a video game to be fair it would have to be spectacular for me to pay that price.
Back to top Go down
IvanOmega60
IvanOmega60

Star Points : 3607

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 7:45 am

Yeah... it is not that good, you should wait for the next Battlefront instead. I regret paying 70€ for it too lol
Back to top Go down
[FGN]Danimal
[FGN]Danimal

Star Points : 3389

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 1:23 am

I've had a lot of fun on it. I'm on the XB1 though.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 2:53 pm

That's quite irrelevant. It lacked content, and its price was too high for what it offered, and still offers.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 10:39 pm

[SWES]Paradox wrote:
Dark why does it suck i thought from the preiviews and gameplay i saw it was spectacular.?

I just didn't enjoy it all that much.

Problems:
-Nothing like previous star wars installments. Plays very different. Plays well, but the gameplay felt very unbalanced and a bit random when I played. I genuinely struggled to understand the skill gap, which was very narrow. A problem suffered by Destiny is that the game is slowed down and powerful weapons are nerfed to cater to casual gamers with slower reaction times. Didn't enjoy this.
-Map design very hit and miss. Some maps blatantly unbalanced and a little annoying.
-No Ground To Space or Space Battles (I believe Death Star expansion has this, but this should come with the base game, not as an expansion)
-No Campaign

Just in general the game felt slow and unbalanced and I failed to see where the real value of the game was....because there wasn't any. Its a shoddily made, very rushed videogame. They developed literally a fairly average shooter system and gave gamers a dozen average maps and some PS2-style single player content (not that I mind this, just want alongside something decent, e.g. decent campaign/MP)

Pros
-Graphically one of the best looking games ever
-Lots of visual detail in Map and Character Model design. 
-Nailed the Star Wars Atmosphere.

But I just can't get over the negatives. I may download it and try it again and see if it's changed, but its definitely not for me. Its a piece of crap and not what Star Wars fans deserved at all.

After over 10 years since BF2, we deserve:
-Very good canon Campaign 
-Very good gameplay that nails the feel of the weapons perfectly
-A Balanced game, with room for casuals and competition
-A decent online MP, with plenty maps, modes and custom options

All of that in a neatly wrapped package for PS4 and i'll throw my money down, but SWBF (Dice) is not it.
Back to top Go down
[FGN]Danimal
[FGN]Danimal

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 4:11 pm

^

There's a pretty big gap between the top level players and the rest of the player base from my experience. Disruption and secondary fire nerfs helped in that regard.

Can you elaborate what you mean re: the skill gap?
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 7:28 pm

[FGN]Danimal wrote:
^

There's a pretty big gap between the top level players and the rest of the player base from my experience. Disruption and secondary fire nerfs helped in that regard.

Can you elaborate what you mean re: the skill gap?

Skill gap is all to do with the idea that high level players can prosper over average or casual players as there is room to get better at the game. In destiny, Time To Kill, Movement speed, Ability effectiveness have been nerfed dramatically to slow the game down. As a result, high level players who previously were able to clear groups of enemy players in seconds by dashing in aggressively, hitting their shots and thinking tactically. This is how I used to play. The current nerfs slow you down, giving average players time to react to your attacks, group up and kill you. The most competitive games have the biggest skill gaps. (gaps in skill between the highest and lowest level players). 

To have a skill gap, your game must be balanced for a start and it must have the tools to provide high level players an advantage. Take Titanfall 2.

In Titanfall 2, I spec my loadout with the CAR with gunrunner and Tactikill perks. The CAR has flawless hip fire, which is necessary when getting kills while wallrunning. I wallrun a lot as it gives me speed boosts and I have quick reaction times. As a result, my loadout is specced so that I can move faster, react quicker and move on from engagements. Therefore, not to brag, but I come top 3 nearly every match.

By choosing perks wisely, maximising my strengths, minimising my weaknesses, thinking tactically and fully exploiting the unique features of the game, i'm able to outgun, outmaneuvre and outplay the vast majority of enemy players. 

SWBF has nothing like this. There is no room to improve or become skilled. 

Either your weapon suits your situation or it doesn't, either you get lucky in engagements or you don't. Certainly when I played,  I didn't see the skill in the game at all. I saw no way to improve as a player, and the guns felt very random. Sometimes my shots hit, sometimes they didn't. I know my aim is fine, I do fine in every other game, but the blasters felt highly inaccurate as I said previously. Its thinks like this that stop the game having a skill gap. Its dumbed down for the casual players. It should cater to both, like a proper MP game. That's precisely why SWBF isn't an MLG game. At least Destiny has signed on to that, although it needs severe work to become truly competitive. 

For SWBF to have a skillgap and become competitive, they must balance it and improve blaster accuracy. Your shots, provided you aimed correctly and adjusted for travel time should always hit. The issue is one of balancing. I'm willing to bet the 'high level' players as you put it all use a certain select pool of weapons and abilities. That's not how this works. You build your loadout wisely, think tactically, use map knowledge and smart map movement, think strategically, hit your shots and use your full ability set. That's the mark of skill. I don't see this happening in SWBF. Its all just luck and OP weapons.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Dayum that text wall. Time to read.
Back to top Go down
[FGN]Danimal
[FGN]Danimal

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 8:51 pm

I viewed things similarly when I first played the game, but my perspective changed as I played more. OP-weapon nerfs helped.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 6:36 pm

[FGN]Danimal wrote:
I viewed things similarly when I first played the game, but my perspective changed as I played more. OP-weapon nerfs helped.

I haven't. Might try it again soon. I just don't think DICE or EA cares about making it a balanced, competitive game. All they want is money.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]Paradox
[SWES]Paradox

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 2:25 am

Ive been playing the game cause my parets got me it for christmas its very different from te older star wars the graphics are amazing tho but im a little upset with how its setup the 40 people on one map is a little to much for me i cant kill without being killed instantly 6 on 6 i think it is fun its mostly online playing though. I dont like the cards being involved i should automatically have a secondary weapon without buying a stupid card ugh.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13252

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

[SWES]Paradox wrote:
the graphics are amazing tho but im a little upset with how its setup the 40 people on one map is a little to much for me i cant kill without being killed instantly 6 on 6

Try some of the other game modes like Blast mode, which is 10v10 or Heroes vs Villains (6v6).
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 4:40 pm

[SWES]Paradox wrote:
Ive been playing the game cause my parets got me it for christmas its very different from te older star wars the graphics are amazing tho but im a little upset with how its setup the 40 people on one map is a little to much for me i cant kill without being killed instantly 6 on 6 i think it is fun its mostly online playing though. I dont like the cards being involved i should automatically have a secondary weapon without buying a stupid card ugh.

Upset over a game? Really? Poor choice of words, dude, lol. I think what you're trying to say is its crap game design. 

The whole 40 player thing was never going to be all that much fun because, yes, by the time you've killed a couple of people, you're already being flagged down by half the enemy team and I don't care how good anyone is at the game, there's simply nothing you can do. So, yeah, that sucks. Better way of doing things would be to ditch the radar and increase player sound. Its a halo way of doing things, but at least you can master the skill of listening to stereo sound for enemies approaching and use it to your advantage. Something like that.

Secondaries should not be on cards, like you said, you should just be able to switch to them. 

-Cards should only ever be abilities or special weps. Spawning of pickups should be completely randomized so people can't just hog stuff...you know what i'm talking about.

SWBF2 had it much better.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Star Points : 2147488015

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 5:13 pm

They better get BFD2 right it's coming out of this year
Back to top Go down
IvanOmega60
IvanOmega60

Star Points : 3607

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Probaly around the same date as BF came out, November or so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront    Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ps4 Star Wars BattleFront
Page 1 of 1