Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Our focus

Go down 
+5
thedarkknight
toomanybulletss
Anubis
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
[SWES]gnmmarechal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26824

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, you all read Dan's topic. Why not play CSGO?

The main part of CSGO is competitive (5vs5). You can go as a team. It's a very good and inexpensive game, and doesn't require good hardware.
Also, CSGO is very popular and will stay alive for a very long time.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5400

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:19 am

I think we are failing to realize why people joined this clan in the first place...

People joined because SWES had no fucking communication other than Dans wonderful account spam.

When people saw a link in a name, they had nothing better to do than follow the link. They wanted hacks, they came to us. These days, almost ALL games have built in communication, and that is why nobody joins anymore just because we have clan tags in our names. It isn't the same as it used to be.

Why would you follow some link to a website for cheat codes or guides if you could ask your friend on Skype or Steam to guide you through? You couldn't do that on ES and that's why the clan was such a hit. There was NO communication other than that. People go for the easiest route when it comes to gaining information and communicating. And trust me when I say, signing up for a clan isn't the easiest...

Just my two cents. Also, I really like the idea of a new site. Or just redo this one. I like having the old account. :)
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:29 am

May I also add that we used the clan as a way to meet up and plan out games and sh*t... Again, which could be done with Skype now, and even Steam. Another reason why we are not doing good. Also, I hate to say this, and I'm sorry to the gfx guy who did most of the designs, but I think it looks like sh*t, and it looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a huge turn off for somebody who wants to sign up for their favorite game when they see like 5 different games in the banner at the top.

Here's a idea for an overhaul.. Keep it simple. Keep it clean. Keep it fast. No more annoying banners.

Don't make a new site. Fix this one. We're dying. It needs to stop. We don't need some fancy coder or designer, we just need everyone to agree on what needs to be done, and how it will be done.

I think the new clan name should be SWES, as it looks much better than XFGN or FGN. We should change the banner on top to something clean and sleek. We don't need it to be a game or anything, unless this clan is going to focus on one game. The mobi banner always looked awesome, cause that's the only game we played, but now, we play many games, we are divided. Therefore, you cannot have a single banner for a single thing, but you can't split the banner into 100 pieces either. Just remake a simple banner.

Recruiting new members should be on games that lack fast and efficient communication. Games like CS:GO or TF2 do not require the likes of us. Nobody wants to join us. Only if we host a FGN/SWES server and people like it, then they can come here. Games that have good communication should not be used as recruiting platforms, as it will almost always end in failure. If they can talk in game, they have no reason to come here.

This is all my opinion though, you guys can be mad at me or whatever. But I'm being honest.

Moral of my whole point is : ADAPT OR DIE.
Period.
Back to top Go down
Nomannm
Nomannm

Star Points : 4259

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:21 am

I'd say the target audience should be for a more mature audience. Looking at the current state (mouse, theme,smilies, etc.) it just doesn't feel that way, and will most likely lose any potential recruits. Just my opinion.
Maybe aim for something more modern, professional (if possible), and simple. Just like Anubis said^
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 212064

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

toomanybulletss wrote:
So are we actually making a new site or was that just a joke?
Yep
Anubis wrote:
I think we are failing to realize why people joined this clan in the first place...

People joined because SWES had no fucking communication other than Dans wonderful account spam.

When people saw a link in a name, they had nothing better to do than follow the link. They wanted hacks, they came to us. These days, almost ALL games have built in communication, and that is why nobody joins anymore just because we have clan tags in our names. It isn't the same as it used to be.

Why would you follow some link to a website for cheat codes or guides if you could ask your friend on Skype or Steam to guide you through? You couldn't do that on ES and that's why the clan was such a hit. There was NO communication other than that. People go for the easiest route when it comes to gaining information and communicating. And trust me when I say, signing up for a clan isn't the easiest...

Just my two cents. Also, I really like the idea of a new site. Or just redo this one. I like having the old account. :)

Anubis wrote:
May I also add that we used the clan as a way to meet up and plan out games and sh*t... Again, which could be done with Skype now, and even Steam. Another reason why we are not doing good. Also, I hate to say this, and I'm sorry to the gfx guy who did most of the designs, but I think it looks like sh*t, and it looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a huge turn off for somebody who wants to sign up for their favorite game when they see like 5 different games in the banner at the top.

Here's a idea for an overhaul.. Keep it simple. Keep it clean. Keep it fast. No more annoying banners.

Don't make a new site. Fix this one. We're dying. It needs to stop. We don't need some fancy coder or designer, we just need everyone to agree on what needs to be done, and how it will be done.

I think the new clan name should be SWES, as it looks much better than XFGN or FGN. We should change the banner on top to something clean and sleek. We don't need it to be a game or anything, unless this clan is going to focus on one game. The mobi banner always looked awesome, cause that's the only game we played, but now, we play many games, we are divided. Therefore, you cannot have a single banner for a single thing, but you can't split the banner into 100 pieces either. Just remake a simple banner.

Recruiting new members should be on games that lack fast and efficient communication. Games like CS:GO or TF2 do not require the likes of us. Nobody wants to join us. Only if we host a FGN/SWES server and people like it, then they can come here. Games that have good communication should not be used as recruiting platforms, as it will almost always end in failure. If they can talk in game, they have no reason to come here.

This is all my opinion though, you guys can be mad at me or whatever. But I'm being honest.

Moral of my whole point is : ADAPT OR DIE.
Period.
Totally agree. SWES is good as a tag because it links to our past, although i think FGN has more use across other games and is more future proofed as a tag. Really liked your other post, will check out that site. I say we're done with this site and we abandon it and completely redesign our GFX and layout. I'd be happy to help doing that.
Nomannm wrote:
I'd say the target audience should be for a more mature audience. Looking at the current state (mouse, theme,smilies, etc.) it just doesn't feel that way, and will most likely lose any potential recruits. Just my opinion.
Maybe aim for something more modern, professional (if possible), and simple. Just like Anubis said^
Nice of you to join us Nomannm. Long time no see. Where ya been?

I've decided i hate this site. Don't want it anymore, don't want to be a part of forumotion. So i wanna move. We have another topic on this (maybe in VIP) about getting another site. Anubis has a suggestion which i'll check out fully tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be perfect for us and we can leave this place behind, move into the future and get us some new members.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Forumotion is slow and shitty. The other site is more clean and fluid. Nobody likes a cluttered mess that runs slow.
Back to top Go down
toomanybulletss
toomanybulletss

Male Join date : 2014-03-02
Star Points : 3916

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:03 am

Please please make the site look clean and sleek. I'd be pleased
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:17 am

Anubis wrote:
Forumotion is slow and shitty. The other site is more clean and fluid. Nobody likes a cluttered mess that runs slow.
ikr
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:22 am

True, it's slow, but what about layout? I personally hate the layout of Mobi.
Back to top Go down
Nomannm
Nomannm

Star Points : 4259

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Nothing much been busy with school,

Mobi's layout doesn't really appeal to me either(makes me feel lost) .The site that Anubis suggested is something far better.
I'd say that has more potential
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Star Points : 2147488035

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 pm

whatever it ends on being hosted on, one thing is certain, it'll be heavily battlefront themed and focused
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:10 pm

I want the new site. I love it.
Back to top Go down
toomanybulletss
toomanybulletss

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:08 am

Well whatever happens with the website, I hope the clan stays alive.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 3:01 am

Nomannm wrote:
Nothing much been busy with school,

Mobi's layout doesn't really appeal to me either(makes me feel lost) .The site that Anubis suggested is something far better.
I'd say that has more potential
phpBB > Forumotion
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:09 am

^^^^^

@tmb, we will.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I've told you b4 the same thing :P
phpBB <3
Xenforo too, but Xenforo is paid unless you get Xenforo nulled.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Star Points : 2147488035

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 2:53 pm

well the blog is probably gonna be wordpress, but the forum is still up in the air, maybe the alpha site or phpBB
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 4:58 pm

xenforo has blogging plugins, phpbb has too, I think.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
Leader
Leader

Star Points : 18432

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 am

hmm i think wordpress does also
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 5:10 pm

I don't give a sh*t what we use. Someone needs to decide. We've been fiddlefarting far too long. We do it any longer and there will be no clan to transition over.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 am

Wordpreas does.
Back to top Go down
toomanybulletss
toomanybulletss

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 pm

I agree with phoenix LOL
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:43 pm

The Phoenix King wrote:
I don't give a sh*t what we use. Someone needs to decide. We've been fiddlefarting far too long. We do it any longer and there will be no clan to transition over.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Now that Dan was the victim of theft, we must now think of a new plan and fast, before it's too late.

Dan must use some of his savings to buy a new PC, so we cannot expect the large sum that we thought would be dedicated to the new website.

Ideas?

Or maybe Dan has even more money for this kind of situation and we can continue as planned. However, I am posting this because time is of the essence. We're almost out of it and every moment counts.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 5:55 am

We'll be a Battlefront-focused site like we once were an ES clan, or not?
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:15 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
We'll be a Battlefront-focused site like we once were an ES clan, or not?
Truth be told, idk. I set up FGN on destiny and i'll keep pushing that forward. I'll also keep pushing FGN on SWBF when it releases as well.

Eventually, we need to be established on multiple games, its how clans and communities survive these days, although starting on SWBF is a good start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our focus   Our focus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our focus
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next