Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

Male Join date : 2013-04-20
Star Points : 13222

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:03 am

Well I came across one of the developers of the game and interestingly he says that ES was supposed to be Battlefront III for PS2 consoles:

Quote :
There was a short period after the next-gen versions were canned when we were expecting to release on both PS2 and PSP. I'm not fully sure why they decided against PS2 in the end, I'm afraid; the nature of our engine meant that it was roughly equally progressed on both platforms, so it's not like one was markedly further back than the other.

My best guess is that the PS2 version only existed to try to mop up sales from people who hadn't upgraded to next-gen yet, and when it stopped being Battlefront III that reason for existing went away, so better to just reduce costs further and release on PSP alone as an explicit side-game rather than a mainline title.

I can confirm this is true because I found some PS2 Memory card text within the game's files months ago but assumed it was from some other game. Weird, I'm beginning to think ES literally WAS SWBF3 under a different name. Usually I hear that they just used the assets and the campaign from SWBF3.

Unfortunately I can't speak to him because he's registered on some shitty forum that requires you not to use a "free email".
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147487985

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:20 am

I know the game is BF3 We found the bf3 logo in the files and the regular maps are basically the same as the ones in the leaked trailers, but ps2? I thought it was ps3 and 360 because all the builds shown so far run on 360 or pc
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26774

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:30 am

well, it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 3:37 pm

[SWES]LeaderDanDino wrote:
I know the game is BF3 We found the bf3 logo in the files and the regular maps are basically the same as the ones in the leaked trailers, but ps2? I thought it was ps3 and 360 because all the builds shown so far run on 360 or pc

Well most people say ES just used the SWBF3 cutscenes/story/maps, not that the game was literally SWBF3. There was always evidence in the files as you said though.

This is quite interesting, would love to play ES on PS2. Then again, if I did, I'd probably never have met any of you guys. :\

I wonder if the controls would be different...
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:24 pm

I doubt they would, maybe they'd make it so you used the other analog to control the camera?
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5350

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I can confirm what Dan has said : That there is a SWBF III logo inside the ISO copy of ES.

Honestly, I'm happy it was on the PSP, because I would have never played the game, because at the time I only owned a PSP.

I guess this IS BF III in many ways, and the game feels like it. Long Live ES.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:10 pm

[SWES]gnmmarechal wrote:
I doubt they would, maybe they'd make it so you used the other analog to control the camera?

lol Right after I said that I read more of the developer's posts and he mentioned that the only difference between the PSP and PS2 version was the controls. And that the PSP was more polished because it wasn't cancelled. :P

Anubis wrote:
I can confirm what Dan has said : That there is a SWBF III logo inside the ISO copy of ES.

Honestly, I'm happy it was on the PSP, because I would have never played the game, because at the time I only owned a PSP.

I guess this IS BF III in many ways, and the game feels like it. Long Live ES.

That's not the only SWBF III logo, there's another one that can be extracted from the files with an Asura extractor. Although it can't be viewed, it's for the main menu and is titled "italien" just like the other logo.

Still wish it was on BOTH PSP and PS2. Would've been neat to have ES on consoles and also have a perfect portable version of a game for once as opposed to a port having 64 x 64 textures and 7 missing maps.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 am

Same here, but my PS2 is broken anyway so..... it wouldn't make any difference.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Any progress on the map porting? Could you post a tutorial on how to port maps from ES/RS to PC? What about in reverse... If you can decompile the maps and port them to PC... What about in reverse? I'd sure as hell love to have the entire collection of maps from RS, and BF II on my copy of ES.

But if you port the PC versions of the maps, watch out, you will have memory issues and will most likely need to downsize all of the textures.

At this point, this should be it's own thread.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Anubis wrote:
Any progress on the map porting? Could you post a tutorial on how to port maps from ES/RS to PC? What about in reverse... If you can decompile the maps and port them to PC... What about in reverse? I'd sure as hell love to have the entire collection of maps from RS, and BF II on my copy of ES.

But if you port the PC versions of the maps, watch out, you will have memory issues and will most likely need to downsize all of the textures.

At this point, this should be it's own thread.
Heh, haven't started yet although I have ripped the Bespin map already. I need to somehow lower the poly count first so SWBF2 doesn't freak out when I try to play the map.

Without the Asura Engine tools however, we can't port any SWBF2 maps to ES/RS. But it *may* be possible to port the RS maps to ES.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Aren't many of the RS maps super close to SWBF II maps?

Sorry, I never really got into RS haha
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Anubis wrote:

Actually, some of them like Naboo and Mustafar are literally just SWBF2 maps with certains parts cut off. Like on Mygeeto, they removed CP3 from SWBF2 but it's the same otherwise.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Never got into RS either.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:51 pm

The Godzilla King wrote:
Anubis wrote:

Actually, some of them like Naboo and Mustafar are literally just SWBF2 maps with certains parts cut off. Like on Mygeeto, they removed CP3 from SWBF2 but it's the same otherwise.

Could you post a tutorial on how to rip maps from RS and ES and what uses it could serve? I'm very interested in this, but I don't know where to start lol.
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 6:53 am

Anubis wrote:
The Godzilla King wrote:
Anubis wrote:

Could you post a tutorial on how to rip maps from RS and ES and what uses it could serve? I'm very interested in this, but I don't know where to start lol.

Just use the Rip 3D Models option in JPCSP. As for what you can do with the maps, you can use them in other games or use them for 3D animations.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212014

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 2:57 pm

I actually didn't know a lot of this knowledge. I knew about the SWBF 3 logo. But that's it.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:06 pm

well.... I'd still love to get it on the PS2/whatever, since the PSP is weaker...
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:42 pm

[SWES]gnmmarechal wrote:
well.... I'd still love to get it on the PS2/whatever, since the PSP is weaker...

Yeah, the graphics and controls would surely be better on PS2. Too bad they never released it. :\
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 pm

they must have been making it for ps3 as well because all the leaked footage is either on 360 or pc and it looks waay better than es would on ps2
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:13 pm

they must have been making it for ps3 as well because all the leaked footage is either on 360 or pc and it looks waay better than es would on ps2

I think it goes like this:

Free Radical was developing the PS3/Xbox 360/PC versions.

Rebellion Developments was developing the PSP/PS2 versions.

Dunno who was gonna do the Wii version, but I've heard there was a Wii version planned.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Ughh if only they could have developed for a few more months! it was almost done!
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:13 pm

bfront 3.... y u not a real PS3 game...
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Ughh if only they could have developed for a few more months! it was almost done!

Apparently the lucky people who DO have the game don't share it because they like to "trade" Beta builds of games for other rare beta games. Yeah, that's why, because the existing SWBF3s out there would be of no value if somebody just released to everybody.

Of course, there's some people like Corra Ashu(who released some 3D models from the game) who keep it private in respect to Free Radical, that's fine. But I HATE the idea of keeping it private just to "trade" beta builds. F*cking stupid.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:35 pm

yea I know I almost bought one off someone but they wanted over 400 and I was only willing to go 350. so retarded..
Back to top Go down
The Godzilla King
Administrator
Administrator
The Godzilla King

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:34 am

Yeah, 400 for a buggy mess isn't worth it. Even if it's Battlefront 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!   Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron - Originally a PS2 game?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next