Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5389

Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Empty
PostSubject: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:58 pm

The title says it all.

As of lately, nobody seems to want to agree with what client to use to play ES online, and I have found a solution to our problem : Use whatever you want!

The solution is simple. (In theory)

First of all, what is a network bridge?
A network bridge is when you take two or more network adapters and fuse their connections, making it possible for one network to communicate with the other, using the bridge.

What must be done in order to achieve such a crazy feat?
We have one lucky/unlucky soul get a dedicated computer/server, and install Hamachi, Evolve, and any other vLAN client onto their machine. Now, if the machine is running Windows XP or higher, then you can simply use an option to bridge all of the functioning virtual adapters into one insanely huge LAN network.... Effectively bridging the gap between Evolve, and Hamachi and whatever else strikes your fancy when it comes to vLAN clients.

How is this possible in the first place?
This is the easy part to explain. When you install Evolve or Hamachi, they love to install virtual adapters, and trick Windows into thinking you have a new adapter installed on your computer. To connect multiple adapters, all you have to do is select them both in Windows Network Adapter Settings, and have them bridged.

Possible problems...
The only problem I can think of is PPSSPP not functioning correctly over the bridge, so people hosting on Hamachi, and you're connected to Evolve, you might not see their server. But I don't know for sure yet. All of this is hypothetical, and might not even work, but IT SHOULD work, if a computer is configured correctly to do this. (This may not be a problem, it depends on how PPSSPP seeks out IP addresses on the LAN network, and whether it uses the bridge at all)

Here is what the Adapter menu looks like in Windows :
Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Jq6vmfX
If this idea follows through (just like all my other ideas have ;) ), we may never need to fight over what client to use again.

To clarify, only ONE machine will have to bridge the networks together, so don't think we ALL have to do this.

If anybody is willing to do this and sacrifice a machine, then please let me know, and I will give you the proper instructions on how to do this.
Requirements :
Complete and utter control of port forwarding on your router
A Windows machine that HAS to be running 100% of the time(or pretty damn close)
A good internet connection that does not suffer from frequent black outs
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26813

Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:11 pm

ur the lucky soul, right? :P
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:47 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
ur the lucky soul, right? :P

Probably not, I have no control over port forwarding on my router... So, I can't do much.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:52 pm

I cant do it properly either.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:54 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
I cant do it properly either.

I will try to find a way to do it. I learned how to use Evolve in the mean time, and it's so much nicer than Hamachi and Tunngle, I love it. :P
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:11 pm

I told u :P
Back to top Go down
IvanOmega60
IvanOmega60

Star Points : 3616

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:05 pm

So should we get Evolve instead of Hamachi? Or may be both? Which one is better to play es?
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:43 pm

McDilan wrote:
So should we get Evolve instead of Hamachi? Or may be both? Which one is better to play es?

To be brutally honest, I would recommend Evolve over Hamachi. That way, we could use Hamachi as a last resort, since you can only have 5 people connected to it at one time.

I'm aiming for one unified vLAN network, not a whole bunch of private rooms that we barely know about.

Bottom line is, if for some reason you can't use Evolve, then use Hamachi, but if you can use Evolve, then use it.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
Leader
Leader

Star Points : 18421

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 pm

we are using hamachi its already set up, evolve needs a restart and its a big window thing like steam hamachi feels alot more portable and more like a plugin than a full blown program
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 8:32 pm

And the performance is much worse...
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Xx~{FGN}OwnerDan~Dino~xX. wrote:
we are using hamachi its already set up, evolve needs a restart and its a big window thing like steam hamachi feels alot more portable and more like a plugin than a full blown program

To make things clear, I am not trying to ditch Hamachi, if you want to use it, then fine. Infact, continue using it, because we need people on both sides.

I'm just opening up the opportunity for others to join in on the fun that can't use Hamachi or just prefer not to use it. I'm not getting rid of Hamachi, infact, I plan on using it regularly. It never hurts to widen our support for fellow gamers. Gnmmarechal is a perfect example of this.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Yea I get that but what I was responding too was you telling soldier to choose evolve over hamachi
Back to top Go down
toomanybulletss
toomanybulletss

Male Join date : 2014-03-02
Star Points : 3905

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:32 am

Lol yeah sorry about that. Btw I finally was able to download the swes cso file and I'm able to boot and play it. I will be downloading evolve or hamachi soon as well
Back to top Go down
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
Leader
Leader

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:47 am

me and ivan got ppsspp to use hamachi

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8148
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 12:58 pm

if we use the bridge, it won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)   Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project UltraNet - Bridging the Gap between Hamachi and Evolve (And other vLAN networks)
Page 1 of 1