Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...

Go down 
+3
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Anubis
[SWES]LeaderDanDino.
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have been poking around to see if I can get PPSSPP to use Ad-Hoc over LAN... And apparently you can! I'm looking more into it, but if things go my way, we can play ES online again! (Only on PPSSPP though, I will provide more details as I learn more about how it works)

This sh*t is going to be awesome.

**EDIT**
Apparently you have to use Hamatchi, or better yet, something like Tunngle, so we can have more than 6 players. I will post more soon, I'm still looking at the stuff.

**EDIT 2**
So.... From what I've read from :
 reddit DOT com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/1v1bzn/im_trying_to_host_a_public_ppsspp_adhoc_server/

It seems like that's all you need to do! That simple! All we need to do is get some members on the xat to do a live test and talk about this, and then we can get it to work. I don't have two laptops to do this on my own, so I need some help from the rest of you guys. :P
**EDIT 3**
It looks like the Ad-Hoc and WiFi emulation in PPSSPP is too buggy to work with ES, I keep getting errors, I will try to use another emulator to do it.

**EDIT 4**
I have gotten another PSP emulator to successfully connect to Ad-Hoc. I'm going to try to test it some more.
The emulator is called JPCSP. It requires Java to run. This looks promising. I will post further information.
**EDIT 5*
Progress progress progress!
I got JPCSP running Es with Ad-Hoc, and I tested it, and it works on my laptop! I was able to link two games together and play!
The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Es_loc10

And here's another

The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Es_loc11

It looks like we might be able to play ES online again after all! Don't worry about the graphical glitching, I was screwing with settings. Your game wont look like that. I will post more info as I get sh*t up and running.
**EDIT 6**
It looks like we're ready for some testing. I request that some tech savvy ES veterans join me tomorrow on Skype or Xat, to discuss how to start playing ES online again.

The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Jpcsp_10

As you can see here, JPCSP supports Lan mode. Now all we need to do is properly configure Hamatchi or Tunngle to have us connect to eachother, and then we can play online again! Huzzahs are in order!

I request help from some ES Veterans who want to play online again!
Add me on Skype. I'm Dylan.Hockenjos AT outlook DOT com , that way I can give proper instructions on how to obtain the proper files and programs to do all of this.
Any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Anubis
Anubis

Male Join date : 2013-07-27
Star Points : 5372

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 pm

AziRed wrote:
U cant i use my Wireless XBOX controller but i have to buy a wireless reciever for it ill buy it tomorrow :D

I use my Vita to control the emulator. It works fine for me. :P
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 pm

The Godzilla King wrote:
Anubis wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:
but we should use EvolveHQ instead of Hamachi.

I think we should use Tunngle. Evolve is confusing as hell to me. With Tunngle, I can get everything set up with a private server with up to 32 people all in the group, which means multiple ES servers can bes hosted, and still be full. Hamachi is too small for playing ES. It's obvious that there are more than 6 people who want to play it at once.

I agree, Tunngle would work well. Although I should reinstall because it crashes after start up.

Just go to MSCONFIG and make sure Tunngle doesn't start at boot. Also, make sure you don't install the widgets that come with Tunngle, just do Tunngle install, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
AziRed
Active
Active

Star Points : 3493

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:16 pm

so want me to install tunngle?
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:19 pm

I will make a topic about it later, I need to tell everyone at the same time, so we can all switch.
Back to top Go down
AziRed
Active
Active

Star Points : 3493

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 pm

alright :D
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26796

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:27 pm

tungle doesnt work for me though.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:39 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
tungle doesnt work for me though.

Hmm, what does work?
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:45 pm

EvolveHQ works lol
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:57 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
EvolveHQ works lol

I guess I'll try that instead. I couldn't find an option to create a virtual server though, it tried to force me to pick a PC game... And obviously, ES isn't on PC.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:58 pm

you can try telling them ur playing JPCSP.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:07 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
you can try telling them ur playing JPCSP.

It only gave me a list of PC games. :P
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:10 pm

hum. I don't remember too much from it.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:11 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
hum. I don't remember too much from it.

With Tunngle, you are not confined to small rooms. You can make a new room, and even name it. You can password protect it too. All for free.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:14 pm

yeah, problem is its not working 4 me.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:16 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
yeah, problem is its not working 4 me.

Yeah, I'm probably just going to try to use Evolve and see where that leads.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:22 pm

k, tell me how it went later.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
k, tell me how it went later.

I will. I will need some people to help me though, so I can't do this on my own. I can probably get it done this weekend with Dan and Ivan.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488007

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:12 am

were using hamachi for now
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Xx~{FGN}OwnerDan~Dino~xX wrote:
were using hamachi for now

We seriously can't keep using it, unless someone wants to pay for a premium room, which we don't have to in the first place. Dan, we can use anything. ANYTHING besides Hamachi, as long as it can hold a ton of people. I already know of different clients besides Tunngle that could do this, all we would have to do is install the program and set it up to connect to eachother.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:33 pm

It's not worth paying, not for now at least.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:

There really is no point in paying... Hell, you could use Tunngle or Evolve and connect to some official room for Minecraft or something, and still use it for ES. Nobody's going to catch you. And if we hide out in some official room, then we have unlimited room for players. 
The CoD WaW room on Tunngle has like 160 people a day, so yeah, their servers can hold a sh*t ton of people without much problem.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Anubis wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:

There really is no point in paying... Hell, you could use Tunngle or Evolve and connect to some official room for Minecraft or something, and still use it for ES. Nobody's going to catch you. And if we hide out in some official room, then we have unlimited room for players. 
The CoD WaW room on Tunngle has like 160 people a day, so yeah, their servers can hold a sh*t ton of people without much problem.
that's true. It would work either way. I think they organize it for games so other players can find ur servers, but that isn't really important.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:10 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
Anubis wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:

that's true. It would work either way. I think they organize it for games so other players can find ur servers, but that isn't really important.

They do organize it for that very reason, but also for that very reason, we could easily make one of the rooms official for ES players, probably an empty server that's official, that way we could use that place and not bother anyone else.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 am

I know. It wouldn't even take much bandwith. It's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Anubis
Anubis

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:56 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
I know. It wouldn't even take much bandwith. It's a good idea.

We could use Evolve for that... As long as we have the ability to find our virtual IP addresses on the LAN server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...   The Chance to Play ES online for one last time... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chance to Play ES online for one last time...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next