Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron Online
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
**WE ARE ON DISCORD! :) JOIN US AT http://swes.cf **
Welcome to Battlefrontdice.com Please register to this site and make a introduction about yourself in the introductions section.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting:
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2455-site-rules
www.battlefrontdice.com/t2648-site-usage-tips-recommended-to-read#50233

If you need support, please email battlefrontdice@gmail.com

Enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best community for Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Welcome to battlefrontdice.com! the best community around for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront!
Latest topics
» SWES Is Coming Back Online!
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 5:07 pm by asdfg123786

» Anyone remember when we were using join.muf.mobi?
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» help get SWBES online again
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Ark Survival Evolved
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm by [HACK]LeaderDanDino

» Well this is nostalgic
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm by [SWRS]InsectoidJyn

» DayZ on Ps4
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:58 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» PPSSPP android games
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» My PSP GO switches on!
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 am by toomanybulletss

» 6 Year anniversary!
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm by The Godzilla King

» Star Wars Battlefront III - Now playable on PC through Xenia emulator
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 pm by The Godzilla King

» Hey Guys... I'm back again
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm by The Godzilla King

» PUBG Mobile (let's get this clan active again)
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 am by nullbyte

» Discord Server
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am by Sinkid

» 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» EA now has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Hey guys I'm back
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm by Anubis

» BFII has been updated on Steam!
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:32 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Let's Get Together And Play Some Elite Squadron (on August 25th)
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

» Star Wars Battlefront II - Open Beta
Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am by [SWES]LeaderDanDino.

Places to find us
Send us an email

Find Us On Facebook!

Find Us On Twitter!

Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

Female Join date : 2013-03-27
Star Points : 6934

Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Empty
PostSubject: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 pm

I know some of you won't care but found this article very interesting and couldn't be better put (my opinion).

For those who don't know who Jim Rome is, he is a well-known Sports Newscaster(whatever sports news people are called).

Other than the fact that I'm all avid & fully support marching band, I think this article speaks truth, not only to the musicians but also at states how peoples behaviors are towards a specific & tries to cover it up w/ "just kidding", namely Media.
http://teachingmusic.posthaven.com/what-was-jim-rome-really-saying-about-marching-band
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

Male Join date : 2013-10-03
Star Points : 26815

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 4:34 am

Ill read it at home.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Kk tell me what you think :P
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

What? Screw him.

"Athletes are cool, musicians are dorks"

.... If that's what that guy meant, he'll get a punch to the face if I ever see him.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Male Join date : 2012-05-11
Star Points : 2147488026

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:16 pm

dang that guy was out of line
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

ikr he was
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
What? Screw him.

.... If that's what that guy meant, he'll get a punch to the face if I ever see him.
Can we do it together? :D

and Ikr...smh some people these days....
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212055

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Eh, plenty retards like that around.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 am

What happened to society?...
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:40 pm

NaTaly~ wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:
What? Screw him.

Can we do it together? :D

and Ikr...smh some people these days....
yeah. How about I stick him to the ground and choke him while you punch his face?
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Sounds good :D
And he gets extra hard for this:

"Look, I’m sure being in the band requires some dexterity. Just don’t tell me they’re as athletic or working as hard as the guys playing the game. They’re not! Given the choice, no one picks being in the band over the being on the team."

I bet he doesn't know that a vast majority of athletes are in the band also. Half our football team is in the band (some even double time during football season - game-time: football player, half-time: marching musician). Now that takes a lot of commitment
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 5:28 am

He is kind of dumb. I man, he doesn't understand that playing an instrument IS very hard. I mean, I play violin, and it isn't easy. It takes so much practice and hard work to play an instrument.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Kind of??

And Ikr, even though I've been playing trumpet for 9 years, it's still challenging. Other than trumpet, I learned a little of flute, trombone, flue-gal horn and most recently percussion instruments (snares, bass, tenors). They are not easy to learn at all.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 am

I once played the flute. Currently, I play the violin and I'm practising piano.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:45 pm

I don't like the position of how you play the flute...Idk why, I just don't + we have 36 flutes so that's more than enough. Violin... wasn't really a fan of and I didn't like the orchestra director :P 

Trumpet is really the only instrument I have a passion for. I played trombone for a little because our band only had 3 trombones and like 30 trumpets at the time.

Someone once told my hands are too small to play the piano so yeah never really tried lol
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I dislike the flute. I like violin.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Why because it's a girl dominated instrument? :P jk lol
Violin, I just never really got the feel for but *shrugs*..oh well.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:29 am

Flute was too easy.
Back to top Go down
[HACK]LeaderDanDino
Leader
Leader
[HACK]LeaderDanDino

Star Points : 2147488026

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 am

I used to play violin when I was young
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:25 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
Flute was too easy.
Was it? I thought I was the only who thought that...though it was a little difficult to do tr-ales for me at least.
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 pm

NaTaly~ wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:
Flute was too easy.
Was it? I thought I was the only who thought that...though it was a little difficult to do tr-ales for me at least.
I like the violin. It is challenging and... damn, I just love my 17th century violin lol. It costed about 3500€ or 4500€, at a shop that didn't know anything about the violin lol. It needed new strings though. its strings were rusty.
Back to top Go down
thedarkknight
Leader
Leader
thedarkknight

Star Points : 212055

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Wow, this is brilliant 'i dislike the violin', lol.

Lets just rest on the fact that they're all instruments and different people have different tastes.

hey, i play classical guitar (similar to acoustic)
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:51 am

the classical guitar IS an acoustic guitar :P. Mine is also an acoustic violin, but I'd like to have an electric one too. It wouldn't be my main instrument, but, it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
NaTaly~
Administrator
Administrator
NaTaly~

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 pm

gnmmarechal wrote:
NaTaly~ wrote:
gnmmarechal wrote:
Flute was too easy.
I like the violin. It is challenging and... damn, I just love my 17th century violin lol. It costed about 3500€ or 4500€, at a shop that didn't know anything about the violin lol. It needed new strings though. its strings were rusty.
I have way too many instruments...lol I have 3 trumpets (1 is the 'original trumpet'/valveless), 2 trombone (1 is damaged), a flugelhorn, a snare drum and other instruments scattered around that I don't play anymore. All of them cost me around 350$ or more
Back to top Go down
[SWES]gnmmarechal
Administrator
Administrator
[SWES]gnmmarechal

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 5:25 pm

My violin costed much more :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band   Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Response to Jim Rome Demeaning About Marching Band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next